Natural remedies for Gout
Natural remedies for Gout that work-
By Veena Deo
The discussion in this article is about natural remedies for Gout that can be followed very easily by all people.
Gout is a metabolic disease marked by a painful inflammation of the joints, deposit of urates in and around the joints and usually an excessive amount of uric acid in the blood. Gout usually occurs after recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis. Gout is also known as podagra. Historically, it is known as the “disease of Kings” or rich man’s disease.
The causes include increased level of uric acid in the body, intake of foods rich with purines, regular use of aspirin, heavy alcohol consumption, high blood pressure, regular use of diuretics, chemotherapy, Stress, hereditary. As per Ayurveda, the cause of Gout is vitiated blood.
The symptoms include Swelling, inflammation, tenderness in the joints. The affected area may become red or purplish.
Natural remedies for Gout that can be followed easily-
- Omega 3 fatty acids are good to maintain the health of Joints. They help to relieve pain and swelling of joints when gout flares up.
- Celery is useful in the treatment of Gout.
- Take juice of crushed French beans.
- People should not do any strenuous and complicated exercises.
- Old rice, Mungdal, Meat, Garlic, Bitter melon are advisable.
- Fresh raw vegetables are good for reducing uric acid.
- Alfalfa is beneficial.
- Red clover tea is beneficial.
- Do not put the weight on the joints, as this will increase pain.
- If you are overweight, try to reduce your weight.
- People should take vegetable juices like carrot and beet.
- Avoid afternoon sleep.
- Avoid the consumption of food, which increases the quantity of uric acid in the blood.
- Do not take diuretics.
- Avoid soya milk as soya naturally contains substances known as purines.
- Ashwagandha root has anti-inflammatory properties. Hence useful in Gout, but more research is required for this.
- Rubia cordifolia or Indian madder is useful in the treatment of Gout as it tones up the blood circulation and also helps to purify the blood. Try to take Manjishta Herbal supplements.
- Gout person with constipation should take 1 teaspoon of the powder of Haritaki or Terminalia chebula before going to bed. If this is not possible, take the Terminalia chebula Herbal supplements.
I hope the above natural remedies for Gout including the use of certain herbal supplements will help all that are trying to address this situation. In severe or chronic cases one should consult a healthcare adviser.
Also read on- Stress supplements, Pomegranate supplement
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided and on supplements above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.