Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
Natural remedies for hemorrhoids that are useful
By Veena Deo
The discussion in this article is about natural remedies for hemorrhoids that can be followed very easily by all people.
Hemorrhoid is a mass of dilated veins in swollen tissues at the margin of the anus or nearly within the rectum. This condition si also called as piles.
Causes include low fiber diet, aging, chronic constipation, pregnancy, tumors in the pelvis area, Obesity, Diet rich with processed foods and lacking of fiber in food, bouts of diarrhea, using laxatives, anal intercourse, straining during bowel movements.
Symptoms include Pain, itching, pricking sensation, inflammation around anal region, discomfort, while passing stools with some degree of itching, bleeding through stools, a lump near the anus which may be painful. Hemorrhoid symptoms depend on the location of the hemorrhoids.
In the earlier stages of Hemorrhoids, natural Remedies are very effective. So one should resort to these to try and avoid try to avoid surgery.
Natural remedies for hemorrhoids that are helpful-
- Do not sit on a hard surface for a long time.
- A paste made of sesame seeds can be applied over bleeding piles as an external treatment.
- Drink Radish juice twice daily with a little bit of salt.
- A warm paste of dry Radish is a good application in non bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Soak figs in a glass of water overnight. Eat them early in the morning.
- Avoid spicy foods, fried foods, oily and spicy food, red pepper, and excessive amount of salt, egg plant products.
- Take the juice of green leaves of Coriander.
- For bleeding piles, take the powder of dried mango seeds mixed in water or buttermilk.
- Fiber shows a beneficial effect on hemorrhoids as it helps to relieve the problems of hemorrhoids and to soften the stools. To get fiber, eat whole grains and plenty of vegetables.
- Apply a paste of white radish made in milk on the inflamed piles to relieve the pain.
- Drinking buttermilk is very effective. Add a bit of black pepper powder and cumin seed powder to it.
- Drinking a decoction of dried ginger or Zingiber Officinale twice daily is beneficial.
- Drinking a decoction of Haritaki or Terminalia Chebula or Chebulic myrobalan before going to bed is advisable.
- Apply some coconut oil on the affected area. It gives soothing effect for a short period of time.
- Eating raw cut Onions with sugar is advisable.
- Boil ripe banana in some milk. Then mash it. Take this twice daily.
- Bioflavonoids strengthen the blood vessels and relieve inflammation. They help to relieve pain and disorders of anal region occurring at the time of acute attack of hemorrhoids.
- Wear cotton underwear to prevent accumulation of moisture.
- The juice of carrot and spinach is advisable.
- The juice of Bitter ground is beneficial in hemorrhoids. It helps to stimulate peristaltic movements. If one has flatulence issues this is not recommended.
- Take ginger juice, lime juice, mint juice in equal parts. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it and take this once a day. This is one of the best home remedies for hemorrhoids.
- Ruscus aculeatus- This plant is also known as box holly. From ancient times it is used for hemorrhoids. It helps to shrink the swollen tissues. People that are Pregnancy, or have High blood pressure, and persons who are taking alpha blockers or MAO inhibitor drugs, should not take this herb.
- Sesamum indicam or Sesame seeds is an Emollient. A paste of the seeds mixed with butter is used in bleeding piles.
- Mimosa pudica or Sensitive plant- The whole plant is astringent, cooling, and antiseptic. Leaves and root are given in powdered form with milk to treat piles and fistula. The juice is applied externally. If powder is not available, take Mimosa pudica herbal supplement.
- Symplocos racemosa or Lodhra - Alpha spinasterol isolated from the plant was found to have highly significant anti-inflammatory properties in carrageenin of 10-25 mg/kg. ip. The effect was observed to be at 57% when taken 25mg/kg body weight dose.
I hope the above natural remedies for hemorrhoids including the use of certain herbal supplements will help all that are trying to address this situation. In severe or chronic cases one should consult a healthcare adviser.
Also read on- Turmeric Curcumin, Pomegranate supplement
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided and on supplements above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.