Natural remedies for High Blood Pressure
Natural remedies for High Blood pressure that are useful
By Veena Deo
In this article I am going to discuss about natural remedies for high blood pressure that can be followed at home by all.
High blood pressure means abnormally high arterial blood pressure, such blood pressure occurring without any apparent or determinable prior organic changes in the tissues possibly of hereditary tendency, emotional tensions, faulty nutrition or hormonal influence. There are some natural remedies that can be followed to alleviate this condition.
The causative factors for high blood pressure include excessive alcohol consumption, pregnancy, smoking, obesity, stress, too much salt in-take, age, family history, hormonal disorders, usage of various drugs like contraceptive pills, steroids, pain killers etc. Lack of exercise, chronic kidney diseases, and Adrenal or Thyroid disorders also could be responsible for high blood pressure in people. In more than 95% of the cases no specific cause can be found and these people essential have hypertension. In some cases, this might lead to some abnormality leading to secondary hypertension.
The signs and symptoms may include headaches, vomiting sensation, nausea, palpitation, disturbed sleep breathlessness, blurred vision, chest pains and fatigue.
Natural remedies for High Blood pressure that are helpful-
- Decrease the salt in your diet.
- Avoid stress and strain. Practice healthy relaxation techniques.
- Tobacco injures blood vessels wall and speeds up the process of hardening of the arteries. So avoid it.
- Garlic is an excellent natural remedy for high blood pressure. Make a paste of it and take it with buttermilk. It helps to reduce the spasm of small arteries. It also slows down the increased pulse rate and helps to relieve numbness and shortness of breath. Garlic can also be taken as an herbal supplement.
- Take Amla or Indian gooseberry juice along with honey daily. This acts as an antioxidant and is rich with natural vitamin C. If it is difficult to make juice of Indian gooseberry in the hectic life schedule then take Indian gooseberry based herbal supplements.
- Lemon is a rich source of Vitamin P, which is essential for the prevention of capillary fragility. Though lemon is acidic in taste, it leaves alcoline residue in the body. Vitamin C of lemon is very effective as it gets to combine with bioflavonoids or Vitamin P. These as a combination in the lemon are more beneficial as they strengthen the blood vessels and prevent internal hemorrhage. It is therefore more effective in high blood pressure. Lemon also contains more potassium as compare to apple or grapes and also contains Niacin and Thiamin in small amount. Take one teaspoon of lemon juice then add it to one glass of water. Then add ½ teaspoon sugar to it. Drink this daily. Do not add salt.
- Boiled potatoes are advisable as the skin absorbs very little quantity of salt.
- Researchers have stated that the people who are take potassium rich foods, have a low risk of hypertension. Potassium rich foods are orange juice, yogurt, strawberries, Tomatoes etc.
- Coconut water is also advisable
- Carrot and spinach juice are also useful natural remedies for high blood pressure.
- The research done by the AP Verma former head of botany department of AV college of Patna has been further confirmed by the Indian Agriculture Research Institute New Delhi - “The researchers show that chemical extracted from the juice of watermelon seeds contains Cucurbotrin also helps to reduce weight and scanty urination. The substance extracted from the seeds is said to have a defined action in dilating the blood vessels and thereby lowering high blood pressure.
- Eat Papaya 2 to 3 slices in the morning and evening. It helps to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Withania Somnifera or Ashwagandha, Bacopa Monnieri, Convolvulus Pluricaulis, Centella Asiatica. The combination of the powder of these four herbs is also advisable. If powder is not available take them as herbal supplements. Check out Memory supplements.
- Arjuna or Terminalia Arjuna and Pomegranate supplements should help high blood pressure conditions. Modern science has also accepted its antioxidant property and its popularity in the prevention of heart disease.
If one follows some of the natural remedies for high blood pressure, he or she should find relief. In addition one should always consult a Medical Doctor as high blood pressure could be a serious medical condition.
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information and on supplements is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org