Natural remedies for Lice
Natural remedies for Lice that are helpful
By Veena Deo
The discussion in this article is about natural remedies for Lice that can be followed very easily by all people.
Ths symptoms of Lice include itching and crusting on scalp. A Lice is a small insect living in dirty environmental conditions. A very easy way to avoid this problem is to keep the head clean and avoid being close to a person that has been infected with lice. I will be discussing many natural remedies for Lice that can be followed by all, but in many cases one should seek help of a trained medical professional.
Natural remedies for Lice that can be practiced at home-
- Never share personal belongings with a lice infested person.
- Mix lemon juice (3 teaspoon) with one tablespoon of butter. Apply this on the hair. Keep this on the head for about 15 minutes. Then, wash the hair.
- Good hygiene is the most effective prevention for head lice.
- In the regular shampoo, mix olive-oil 3 teaspoons. Then apply this solution on the scalp and cover the head. Then rinse it off.
- Always keep the hair well groomed and clean.
- Rub Listerine Mouth wash on the scalp.
- A paste of bitter almonds applied on the head is a good home remedy for head lice.
Also read on- Turmeric Curcumin, Pomegranate supplement
- Do a regular checkup for lice around the nape of the neck, behind the ears and scalps, especially for children.
- An ointment made of the powder of the bark of Malkangni or Celastrus panniculatus or Staff tree with mustard should be applied on the head.
- Make a powder of seeds of custard apple, add water to it and make a paste, and apply this paste on the head. Then cover the head with a piece of cloth. Make sure that the paste should not come in contact with one’s eyes. After two hours wash the hair.
- The application of Neem oil is advisable.
- Use flea combs.
- The juice of Kalahari or Gloriosa superba or Malabar Glory Lily leaves applied on the head is an effective home remedy for delousing hair.
- Make a paste of Garlic. Then add lemon juice to it and make a paste. Apply the paste on the scalp and keep it for half an hour and then wash it off.
- Apply Vaseline on the hair for an hour, to suffocate and kill lice. Then wash the hair. Many times it is very difficult to remove Vaseline from the hair, so one has to use corn flour to remove it.
- Take fresh coconut oil, add camphor to it. Apply this oil on the head before going to bed. Then wash the hair in the morning.
- Wash the hair every day.
- Mix edible oil and vinegar in equal parts. Then add 10 drops of tea tree oil to it and make a creamy paste. Then apply this on the hair and scalp. Wrap a plastic bag around the head for about three hours so that the lice get suffocated and die and then they can be easily removed.
Always make sure to check for allergies and not use the remedies based on a person's allergy conditions for some of the products mentioned above.
I hope the above natural remedies for Lice will help all that are trying to address this situation. In many cases one should consult a healthcare adviser.
Also read on- Muscle pain reliever
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided and on supplements above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.