Natural Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
Natural remedies for Low blood pressure that are useful-
By Veena Deo
In this article I am going to discuss about natural remedies for low blood pressure and also the use of certain herbal supplements.
Hypotension is abnormally low pressure of the blood and is also called low blood pressure. In such a condition heart beat is much lower than usual. This means the heart; brain and other parts of the body do not get enough blood.
Low Blood Pressure Causes: Include Dehydration, advanced diabetes, anti-depressant and sedatives usage, elevated hormonal levels during pregnancy, anemia, insufficient fluid intake, heart valve problem, etc. Beta blockers cause hypotension both by slowing the heart rate and by decreasing the pumping ability of the heart muscles. Nutritional deficiency, allergic reactions, postural hypotension are also some other causative factors.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure: Include Dizziness, light headedness, weakness, blurry vision, fainting.
If there are signs and symptoms of low blood pressure the person may need medical treatment. Let us discuss the Natural Remedies for low blood pressure, which have negligible side effects.
Natural remedies for Low Blood Pressure that are helpful-
- Increase salt intake.
- Make a juice of Holy Basil leaves or Ocimum sanctum. Strain it. Mix one teaspoon of honey to it. Drink it early in the morning.
- Soak 6 to 7 Almonds overnight, remove the skin, and make a paste of it. Add this paste to a glass of warm milk and drink it.
- Adding electrolytes to the diet can help relieve the symptoms of low blood pressure.
- Use of ginger while preparing tea is beneficial.
- Get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Drinking carrot juice is useful for low blood pressure.
- Coco beans contain antioxidant rich Flavonoids. These help in treating low blood pressure and also enhance the functioning of blood vessels. So drink Strong black coffee.
- A hot Epsom salt Bath is advisable before retiring for the night to relieve the signs and symptoms of low blood pressure.
- Use of Asafetida or Ferula narthex in the food helps to increase low blood pressure.
- Avoid excessive work.
- Try to overcome anxiety.
- Follow a healthy diet chart. Consume whole grains, fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid working in a stressful atmosphere.
- Don’t stand for a long period of time.
- Take oatmeal, as it is a good source of complex carbohydrates, which are essential for good health and energy.
- Eat leafy salads between lunch and dinner, like broccoli, carrot, peas.
- Deep Breathing exercises daily are advisable.
- Take 15 to 20g Spikenard or Nardostachys Jatamansi in boiling water. Add a pinch of Cinnamon to it. Take this once a day. If Spikenard is not available, take Spikenard Herbal supplements.
- Lemon juice with sugar, salt and water is also advisable. It will give energy.
- Meditation for minimum ½ an hour is effective in low blood pressure.
- Usage of Rosemary is effective in low blood pressure situations.
- The mixture of the powder of Bacopa Monnieri or Brahmi and Spikenard or Nardostachys Jatamansi is also beneficial. If powder is not available, take an Herbal supplement containing the combination of these two herbs.
If one follows some of the above natural remedies for low blood pressure, he or she should find relief. In addition one should always consult a Medical Doctor as low blood pressure could be a serious medical condition.
Also read on- Libido supplements, Blood sugar supplements
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information and on the supplements is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org