Natural home remedies for memory loss
Natural home remedies for Memory loss that are useful
By Veena Deo
In this article I am going to discuss about natural home remedies for memory loss. Some of these are very easy to follow by all that are concerned about this situation.
Memory means the power or process of reproducing or recalling what has been learned and retained especially through associative mechanisms, the storage of things learned and retained from an organism’s activity or experience indicated by behavior or by recall and recognition.
There are many causative factors for weak memory. Many times people tend to forget things which are not interesting, or simply lack concentration. Today’s competitive environment and associated burdens are a cause of concern for adults and children as this creates immense stress, giving rise to the problem of weak memory.
Causative factors of Weak Memory -
Fits or Epilepsy, Anxiety, Stress and strain, Deficiency of Vit B1 or B12, Chronic alcoholism and Aging.
Natural home remedies for memory loss that are helpful-
- Soak 7 Almonds in water overweight, make a paste of this, and add to warm milk, and drink this milk daily.
- Walnuts are also beneficial to improve memory.
- Antioxidants help to boost memory. So take Amla or Indian gooseberry powder or juice daily. This is also available as supplements.
- Eat Grapes, Cherries, Carrots, Apples Figs and Strawberries daily.
- Deficiency of ‘Pyridoxine’ or B6 Vitamin can cause weak memory. Supplementation may improve memory.
- Meditation proves effective in correcting and promoting memory.
- Intake of mixture of ¼ teaspoon of black Cumin in little amount of honey is advisable.
- Exercise mind by playing word games and memorizing those games.
- Hold a positive approach to everything happening around a person.
- Foods that contain high amount of potassium should be taken.
- Take healthy protein sources like Eggs and Spirulina.
- The herbal product, Chyawanprash, is also advisable. Take 1 teaspoon of this twice daily.
- Focus on the things which require more attention.
Researchers have stated that Turmeric Curcumin has a positive effect on the ‘Serotonin’ pathways in the brain. Take Some Turmeric in food or take as supplements. Ref: Antidepressants like effects of Curcumin on serotonergic receptor – coupled A C- AMP pathway in chronic unpredictable mild stress of rats. Liyc, wang FM, Pany, Qiang LQ, Cheng G, Zhang WY, Kong LD. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2009 Apr 30, 33(3) : 435-49
- Adaptogens based products can help the adrenals to combat stress. In India, the anti stress plant products have been tested on biological parameters like swimming endurance, adrenal function tests. Anti stress activity of Ocimum Sanctum or Holy Basil has been found to be significantly more than Siberian Ginseng and Chinese Ginseng. Ref: Pharmacological Research unit of the Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha, Lucknow.
- Withania Somnifera or Ashwagandha or Winter cherry is known to be an Adaptogenic. Use of the powder of this 1 teaspoon once a day is advisable.
- Bacopa Monnieri is an herb that helps to improve concentration.
- Melissa Officinallis or Lemon Balm is a soothing calming agent for stressed nerves.
- Oats also is a good food for the Nervous system, especially those who are always under stress, and is also useful for memory.
I hope the above natural home remedies for memory loss help all people. In many cases it is important to seek the advice of a Medical Doctor.
Read more on- Stress supplements
Dr. Veena Deo is an Ayurvedic Doctor in India. All the information provided above and opinions expressed above are her own and should not be construed as medical advice. This information and on supplements is provided for educational purposes only. For questions or to consult Dr. Veena Deo, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org